As Director of Public Relations, you will:
- Plan, develop, and direct the implementation of public relations and communication strategies to position and promote our brands; particularly focusing on blockchain, crypto, tech, and business-related channels such as media, major conferences, and so forth.
- Determine public relations and communication objectives, key results, and positioning narratives; work closely with other teams in Marcomms to build strong alignment across key initiatives.
- Oversee public communications in order to ensure it meets strategic goals and regulatory compliance standards.
- Represent the organization in public spaces such as interviews, press conferences, etc.
- Serve our internal teams as a source of knowledge and direction on the industry relationships, trends, and conditions that could impact our communication efforts.
- Monitor public narrative and sentiment around key brands; proposing strategy adjustments and initiatives where relevant.
- Align public communications across regional teams, accounting for and encouraging localised differences in culture, audiences, and operating landscape.
- Develop and lead crisis management strategies and processes, providing consultation to leadership as needed.
- Oversee our public relations, influencer, and communication agencies; ensuring objectives, reporting, and accountability for all external vendors.
- Collaborate with on-chain governance-related initiatives, providing assistance and guidance where needed.
- Recruit, onboard, develop, and manage team members in public relations.
- Manage team budget, resourcing, expenditure, and reporting.
- 10+ years experience in public relations and/or communications role, ideally in software and technology space.
- Excellent skills in building relationships with external stakeholders, ideally with an existing strong industry network.
- Proven experience in leading teams and working in cross-functional setups.
- Ability to oversee and ensure communications are regulatory compliant.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills; fluency in English.
- Proven experience to act as a senior spokesperson.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing startup environment.
Additional Further Experience:
- Expertise, knowledge, and experience in blockchain.
- Familiarity with open source software culture.
- Experience working with multiple brands at the same time.
- Experience working on legislation or regulation.
We are an Executive headhunting company which specialises in Blockchain recruitment.