Ecosystem ⇄ Outercore
Outercore, the subsidiary that represents grants, accelerators, and special projects at Protocol Labs is looking for a Core Engineer to help us build the future of p2p distributed networks. If you’re excited about working on Filecoin, Libp2p, IPFS, and working on the genesis of smart contracts on the Filecoin Network (FVM), this role may be for you.
Everything Outercore does is open source and we encourage everyone to work out in the open. We’re comfortable sharing unfinished work and trying out new things. The goal is to come up with solutions the entire ecosystem can benefit from.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, Core Products you will work on Filecoin, Libp2p, IPFS, the FVM until they are comfortable enough to start building new applications, prototypes, or protocols that companies in the Filecoin ecosystem can use and grow their businesses.
We consider this “Application” research:
- Take engineering leadership in projects to improve the Web3 ecosystem and help set a course for the future of the ecosystem’s technology.
- Deeply understand the problems in the Web3 ecosystem as it relates to Filecoin.
- Build great software that other companies and individuals will use to achieve their goals.
- Help us grow this Filecoin ecosystem to its full potential.
What we’re looking for:
A proactive and autonomous builder that can draft a roadmap forward and execute with code. You are someone who has a passion for hands-on development of distributed systems as well as problem solving within a complex system. You enjoy diving deep into technical elements of your projects to the point where you’re naturally the designated expert on the topic.
- You can anticipate the needs of a project ahead of time and lay groundwork to get ahead of those needs. This may involve hiring, coordinating, and acquiring technology. You love to create and drive consensus on designs, and deliver results!
- Ideally, you have worked on at least one project with users that involved large amounts of data storage and network traffic.
- You have some interest in IPFS and Filecoin, if you do not have any interest, you should be genuinely curious about what those technologies are and hope to develop an interest. We will ask what content addressing is!
- You’re familiar with open source work and the Go programming language or you are someone who is willing to pick the language up and you have the foundation to do so.
- You have a B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field. A degree is not required but a lot of what we do requires a computer science foundation.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Protocol Labs makes breakthroughs in computing technology to push humanity forward. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how things work. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Sr. Software Engineers have the challenging and exciting task of working on complex problems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source. This will be an opportunity to work directly on our projects including IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.